Mini Cooper R56 - R58 - R60 Years 2007 to 2013 CAS Module Location
RPM MOTORSPORT LTD. shares no responsibility of any damages that are applied on removing or installing any components in your MINI Cooper. Please make sure you a technical background on a BMW/MINI Cooper before applying these removal instructions.
We have tried our best to put as many instructions as possible to remove your CAS Module. Please note this procedure is only necessary if the following conditions apply:
1. CAS Module is defective due to Terminal 50 (No Crank / No Engine turnover or Engine Turning over for half a second and quits)
2. USED DME Programming - The CAS Removal can be avoided if your Original DME/ECU is still communicating with any diagnostic scanner, meaning you are able to read or clear fault codes, etc. If your DME is NOT communicating or is missing then you must Remove the CAS Module or Order an UNLOCKED DME from RPM MOTORSPORT LTD. as this will Not require a CAS Removal.
- Remove Battery Negative Cable :
- Removing and installing/replacing cover for instruments
- Press switch for hazard warning flashers (1) in the direction of the arrow out of the instrument cover (2).
- Removing and installing (replacing) left decorative strip on dashboard
- Removing and installing (replacing) right decorative strip on instrument panel
- Removing and installing/replacing CD changer (If Applicable)
- Removing and installing or replacing trim for roof pillar at front (A-pillar), left or right
- Removing and installing/replacing knee protection on front passenger side.
- Removing and installing/replacing solar sensor
- Removing and installing/replacing instrument panel upper section trim
- Removing and installing (replacing) control unit for Car Access System (CAS Module)