BMW MSV90 N52T Engine F-Series BSD Oil level Repair CD9304
This is a repair service for all BMW 528i or X3 28iX with N52T Engines, the repair covers the popular faults below:
- N52T DME Fault Code CD9304: Diagnostic Hints for Bit-Serial Data Interface Communication.
- CD9304 Bit-serial data interface, signal: communication fault.
We provide a 1 year warranty on the repair, there will be no coding or programming required once you receive your DME back.
PARTS TO BE REPLACED BEFORE REAPIR
RPM MOTORSPORT LTD. recommends you to troubleshoot the following steps before sending the DME for repair:
SIB 12 34 14
Depending on the combination of faults stored, follow one of the procedures listed below.
- DME fault CD9304 – Bit-serial data interface, signal: communication fault is stored along with one or both of the following power management faults.
213301 – Power management, overvoltage: Overvoltage detected and/or
213401 – Power management, undervoltage: Undervoltage detected
Perform diagnostics with the most current version of ISTA, following all the recommended test plans and repairs as described in SIB 12 34 14.
Only DME fault CD9304 – Bit-serial data interface, signal: communication fault is stored.
Perform diagnostics with the most current version of ISTA to check the BSD bus in the test module AT1214_BSD – BSD Communication.
Check the other BSD bus participants in the test module:
• Electric coolant pump
• Oil condition sensor
The IMIB can be a useful tool to confirm BSD bus communication while checking each of the components, connections, and wiring.
If troubleshooting does not indicate a problem with the BSD components or in the circuitry, the DME will need to be repaired and
Please check all of the ignition coils and make sure they are all in good condition.
DME support list
DME Supported Part Number (MSV90)
MSV90 Models Supported with N52T Engines:
- BMW X3 28iX F25 (SUV) 07/2009 — 03/2012 N52T Engine
- BMW 528i F10 (Sedan) 02/2009 — 05/2011 N52T Engine
- BMW 530i F10 (Sedan) 06/2009 — 05/2013 N52T Engine (European Models ONLY)