As promised, RPM repaired the DME module on time as quoted. The car was bricked, and Mini USA isn't even taking wait-list names for OEM modules. RPM saved the day! The car is running perfectly again. Very impressive service and a quick turnaround.
Thanks for the kind words Tim!
So I attempted to repair my MOSFET on my own. After a few attempts I dealt defeated. I contacted RPM and received a response quick. We corresponded and I sent in my dme. I thought I burnt my dme considering the codes I got after trying repair. I let them know this. After 3 days of being shipped I received an email stating the technician made the repair and my dme was fine. I received my dme a day later. Installed and car was good to go. They could have told me my dme was fried because the internal temp code I got at home and I would have believed it, but they didn't. They were solid and honest. The customer service was excellent and and the turn around from really quick. If I ever have a problem that I cannot fix they will be my first call.
Integrity is our motto, and people like you make us want to take it even further! Thank you for taking the time out to write this awesome review! It was awesome serving you!
Our new go to company for DME repairs. Great customer service and came up with a great solution for our problem we were having. Highly recommend!
Thank you Sergio!
Mini Cooper R56/R60 N18 Engine DME Misfire Repair Service
This is a MINI Cooper Repair Service for any Generation 2 (R-Series) with an N18 engine equipped with DME MEVD1722 or MEVD1727 and has this symptom:
DME is not sending proper signal to the ignition coil for an individual cylinder.
Swap Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs from the cylinder that is misfiring with another cylinder and see if the misfire stays on the same cylinder or moves to the other one. If the misfire jumps to the other cylinder this could mean the issue is with the Ignition Coil or Spark Plug not the DME.
3 EASY STEPS (READ CARFULLY)
CYLINDER 2 has constant misfire -> STEP 1 -> SWAP IGNITION COIL CYLINDER 2 WITH CYL 1 -> IF CYLINDER 2 is NOT MISFIRING and the misfire jumped to CYLINDER 1 proceed to STEP 2. STEP 2 -> REPLACE IGNITION COIL.
If CYLINDER 2 is still MISFIRING proceed to STEP 3 -> STEP 3 > Repair ECU at RPM MOTORSPORT.
- MINI Cooper S Clubman LCI (Face-lift) R55 (N18 Engine) Years 03/2009 to 06/2014
- MINI Cooper S LCI (Face-lift) (N18 Engine) Years 01/2010 to 11/2013
- MINI Cooper S Countryman R58 / R60 (N18 Engine) Years 01/2010 to 10/2016
DME / ECU SUPPORT LIST
Mini Cooper Supported ECU's : MEVD1722 & MEVD1727
- 7560766 - 7560767 - 7607683 - 7608339
- 7611386 - 7611387 - 7612190 - 7612597
- 7613225 - 7613226 - 7619332 - 7619485
- 7619333 - 7619486 - 7620984 - 7621374
- 7620985 - 7621375 - 7627518 - 7639048
- 7639562 - 7639049 - 7639563 - 7643770
- 8600123 - 8625070 - 8652744
- 7639421 - 7648190 - 8610006 - 8652746
- 8611439 - 8621261 - 8652747 - 8621260
DME & CAS Removal
- MINI COOPER DME Location (R55-R56-R60 Years 2007 to 2014)
- MINI COOPER CAS Location (R55-R56-R60 Years 2007 to 2014)